Compact Refrigerators are one of the essentials in any kitchen space. A refrigerator helps you manage your food consumption. You avoid wastage since you can store your leftovers. Having a fridge helps you buy a large stock of what you need to last you a couple of days. If space limits you, you can still get the best compact refrigerator for your small apartment. Below are some of the descriptions of the best compact refrigerators
1. Black and Decker BCRK25B Compact Refrigerator
It is a good choice for that small corner of your kitchen. The refrigerator has a spacious interior to ensure storage of a lot of stuff. The door is well curved to allow you to store your beverages. The shelves are removable therefore you can change the position of your shelves as you like. The topmost shelf is the freezer, enough to store your chocolates, ice cream and desserts.
· Excellent for small spaces.
· Good structure hence can fit any available space.
· It has efficient temperature control functions.
· It has shelves well suited to hold small cans.
· Energy efficient.
· It is a little noisy and may not be desirable for all areas e.g. offices.
· It is not big enough to serve many people.
2. Hisense RT33D6BAE Compact Refrigerator
This refrigerator comes with two compartment doors offering a separate freezer. The doors are reversible. It has a stainless silver look together with the steel making. It is free standing with a voltage of up to 120 volts. It’s small enough to fit a small place. It has an interior light and a temperature control valve.
· Counter height so can fit under your kitchen cabinets.
· Enough freezer space for lengthy storage.
· Easy to clean glass shelves.
· The glossy finish gives it a clean, stylish look.
· Has a removable vegetable bin.
· Perfect size for your dorm, bedroom or office.
· Low energy consumption.
· Enough door space to hold long bottles.
· It is quiet when operating.
· It expels a lot of water and tends to be messy if not emptied regularly.
· The material used to make the refrigerator isn’t tough enough. It tends to suffer dents when transporting.
3. Black and Decker BCRK17W Compact Refrigerator
This small refrigerator is perfect for school dorms or small office spaces. It can be placed on counter tops if there isn’t enough space on the floor. It has an adjustable thermostat control. It features one glass shelf. The flat back allows you to maximize on space available. It comes in a bright white color and a smooth, shiny finish. If you are looking for the best compact refrigerator, this may be your choice
· The door has both spaces to suit large and small cans.
· It is quiet when operating.
· Excellent temperature distribution.
· Efficient freezing power.
· Relatively small hence can fit under your office desk.
· Space may not be suitable to store many things
· The small shelves for small cans aren’t enough to hold them in position.
4. Midea WHS Compact Refrigerator
This fridge comes with a single reversible door. It has a temperature function from 11.2 to 8.6F. It has two fixed shelves and a removable mesh drawer. The stainless steel door is good enough to withstand banging.
· It’s small enough to fit in your kitchen corner.
· Has an excellent clean finish.
· Quiet while operating.
· Low energy consumption.
· Great functionality of the freezer compartment.
· It is easy to defrost.
· Fast temperature adjusting power.
· The permanently fitted shelves may not be suitable if you need to customize the space.
· Small freezing space.
5. Danby DCR031B1BSLDD Compact Refrigerator
The double door refrigerator is perfect for your small nursery or kitchen. The independent freezer section provides enough room to freeze food. It has a full-width glass shelf. Door shelves are spacious enough to store bottles. It is made of steel for durability.
· It has a self-defrosting feature.
· Produces less operating noise.
· Excellent freezer functionality.
· An efficient temperature control function.
· It suits small spaces.
· It has a shiny silver finish.
· The space under the shelf isn’t enough to store most containers.
· It has less freezer space compared to other double door refrigerators.
Before purchasing a refrigerator consider the number of items you need to store. If you just need it for your office lunch, then the smallest will serve you well. If the refrigerator has many users e.g. college classmates, you ought to buy one with enough space to serve you all.
2. Shelves specifications
You may consider glass shelves because they are easy to clean and dry. Glass also gives a refrigerator a nice look from the inside. Removable shelves are better than fixed ones. You can move them depending on the size of your food containers.
Ensure you check the power specifications. An adjustable temperature panel is essential. You can change your temperature settings depending on what you store. Check the voltage and seek advice from a professional. It will help you understand the maximum voltage it can survive.
4. Noise levels
Testing your refrigerator before use will tell the amount of noise it produces when functioning. Less noisy fridges are the best and suit any setting i.e. office, dorm, bedroom, etc.
5. Other specifications
Ensure you check that the light is functional. Open and close the door to test if the hinges are in perfect condition. Look out for the energy consumption rate as well. Ensure your refrigerator comes with an operation manual. Warranties come in handy if your refrigerator develops a fault before the stipulated time.
A variety of shops offers the best compact refrigerators. It is up to you to choose one that fits your space and satisfy your needs. Follow the instructions manual before using your refrigerator to prevent any faults. Defrost your freezer regularly to enhance efficiency. Avoid storing hot food in your fridge. It leads to temperature fluctuations and may affect efficiency.
Ensure you purchase your compact refrigerator from a certified dealer. It helps if you need to ask a question or complain to your supplier. It is easier to get a solution from registered dealers because most of them guarantee return or change of the product.