Buying a new zojirushi rice cooker can be a challenging task since the market is full of many brands, types, and models to choose from. If you want to simplify your work, you should always pick the best from the leading rice cooker manufacturer. Zojirushi has been in operation for the last 90 years and continues to use cutting edge technology to manufacture a new generation of products. We discuss everything you need to know about one of their best rice cookers- Zojirushi NS-LGC05XB Micom Rice Cooker & Warmer, and then let you be the judge.
Review of the Product
Zojirushi NS-LGC05XB comes with a compact size, and you can cook as little as 1/2 and as much as 3 cups of oats or rice. This makes it perfect for couples and/or small families. Despite the fact that features a compact/ minimum size, the rice cooker will surpass your expectations when it comes to what it has to offer. In this section, we review this fantastic product by walking you through its features, technical specs, pros, and cons.
• NS-LGC05XB Micom Zojirushi rice cooker comes with special settings meant for cooking white/ mixed rice, brown rice, sushi rice, long grain white rice, GABA brown rice, steel cut oatmeal and quick cooking.
i. Steel Cut Oatmeal Setting; This provides you with a cooking flow that’s different from the regular Porridge setting and with a shorter completion time.
ii. Brown or GABA Brown Setting: It activates brown rice by keeping the temperature within the pan at around 104 degrees Fahrenheit for 2-hours. When you activate brown rice using this setting, one of the nutrients contained in the brown rice known as GABA increases its amount by up to 1.5 times as much as the one contained in non-activated brown rice. GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid) refers to a type of amino acid that can be helpful in lowering blood pressure, relieving stress and improving kidney function.
iii. Long Grain White Setting: The special menu setting lets you cook long grain white rice. The cooking flow of this setting is different from the white rice setting since long grain white rice cooks differently compared to short or medium grain white rice.
• This rice cooker & warmer is designed with a triple heater system (bottom, side, and lid), which is effective in generating even heat all around.
• Interchangeable melody and beep signal alert you.
• There is an automatic keep warm and reheating cycle.
• NS-LGC05XB Micom Zojirushi rice cooker comes with multiple accessories which include rice spatula, rice measuring cup, and spatula holder.
• The advanced fuzzy logic technology used in this cooker helps you prepare perfect rice all the time.
• The built-in power cord is retractable, which makes moving and storing the unit hassle free.
• Origin: China
• Manufacturer: Zojirushi
• Dimensions: 9.12” x 11.88” x 7.5”
• Weight: 6 pounds
• Shipping Weight: 7.1 pounds
• Fold down handle lets you transport the unit with ease.
• The steam vent cap is removable and allows for high-temperature cooking without the messy overflows.
• The “Delay Timer” (2 settings) lets you serve freshly cooked oatmeal or rice at the programmed time.
• Clear-coated stainless steel exterior matches any kitchen décor and makes it easy to clean the cooker.
• The detachable inner lid is easy to clean since it’s washable.
• Most settings take up to an hour to cook rice, hence not perfect when you are in a rush.
Types of Zojirushi Rice Cooker
1. Conventional (Standard) Rice Cooker
These are rice cookers that heat up to cook rice and then turn off when done. They feature the most basic cooking controls and indicators. Some of them may have a keep warm function, but they do not allow you to adjust the cooking of different types of rice. Zojirushi NHS-10 Rice Cookers are classified under this category. These are 6-cup/12 cup or 18 cup cookers/ steamers and warmers that steam rice to perfection and help keep them warm. The cooker comes with an easy to clean, removable, non-stick inner cooking pan, see-through glass lid, durable handles and other great features.
2. Microcomputer (Micom) Rice Cooker
Microcomputer rice cookers are designed with more advanced technology that enables them to automatically adjust the cooking temperature as well as the cooking time based on the amount of rice that you are cooking, the type of rice, etc. Micom Rice Cooker and Warmer NS-LGC05XB reviewed in this article is the perfect example of Zojirushi Microcomputer (Micom) Rice Cookers.
The main difference between an induction heating rice cooker and an induction heating pressure rice cooker is that the latter is perfect at applying pressure to elevate the cooking temperatures even to higher levels, which makes your rice softer and easier to digest. Most people like induction heat pressure rice cookers because they cook rice faster than most digital rice cookers. If you would like to own the best Induction Heating Pressure Rice Cooker, you should place your order on Zojirushi NP NVC10 Induction Heating Pressure Cooker, with capacities of 5.5 cups or 1.0 liter.
4. Induction Heating + Micom Rice Cooker
An induction heating + Micom rice cooker utilizes advanced induction heating technology to transform the cooking pan into a heating element. It’s considered to provide higher more uniform and more precise cooking temperatures compared to other cookers. These cookers have a quicker response time and can also adjust the heating temperature as well as time automatically.
Zojirushi NP-HBC 10 is one of the best induction heating + Micom rice cooker, but it also features microcomputer technology. The 5-1/2 –cup rice cooker comes with multi-menu cooking functions, keep warm function, time, LCD control panel, etc. It also includes spatula rice measuring cup and spatula holder. Generally, the built quality, finish and workmanship of this rice cooker is excellent, the control panel is clear, and every aspect is just amazing.
Buying Guide: How to Choose the Best Zojirushi Rice Cooker
Zojirushi rice cookers are becoming more and more popular. The cookers come with an advanced set of features which makes it difficult to pick the best. Pick a Zojirushi convention rice cooker if you have the time to pre-soak and steam the rice yourself. It can also be your best option if you don’t cook various types of rice or if you want to save your cash. We recommend that you go for Zojirushi microcomputer rice cooker if you would like to own a rice cooker that can presoak and steam the rice, make temperature and heating adjustments, and cook various types of rice.
Place your order on Zojirushi Induction heating rice cooker if you want a cooker that heats the whole inner pan rather than just the bottom. It’s also recommended for customers who cook different types of rice and want precise and more delicate temperature adjustments. Finally, Zojirushi induction heating rice cooker should be your number 1 choice if you enjoy eating softer rice and you want a rice cooker with a wide range of settings that can improve the rice cooking process.
Nothing can be compared to hot fluffy rice, especially when it isn’t too firm or too mushy. The natural sweetness from such rice comes with each bite. If you really want to enjoy eating perfectly steamed rice every time and without guesswork, we recommend that you place your order on NS-LGC05XB Micom Zojirushi rice cooker. It’s the best unit for cooking rice and oatmeal with just a push of a button.